VWAPAF Executive Director
Now Taking Applications
A New Chapter For The Live Performing Arts In Van Wert
The Van Wert Area Performing Arts Foundation seeks a new Executive Director over Van Wert Live events presented at The Niswonger and Fountain Park. The organization, soon entering its eighteenth year of operation, has entertained well over 800,000 guests from around the country from its Van Wert venues. The Niswonger Performing Arts Center is Northwest Ohio's premier entertainment venue featuring leading industry technology, an opulent grand lobby, a 1200-seat acoustically pleasing auditorium, and an artist-rave-worthy green room with four Star Dressing Rooms. The non-profit organization has a staff of seven professionals who are dedicated to enhancing the vision to make Van Wert an entertainment destination for all. Alongside the staff are over 150 volunteers who support providing entertainment experiences that are so good they demand a return. With a strong history of successfully serving the region, the new Executive Director has the opportunity to guide the operations into a new season of exciting growth.
VWAPAF Executive Director Job Description
The Executive Director will be a proven visionary and leader in the field of entertainment, who identifies opportunities by matching artists to venues and appeals to diverse audiences. The Director will develop, manage, and evaluate programs, promotions, operational workflow, financial reporting, budgeting, and other work as required to fulfill the vision, mission, and values of the Van Wert Area Performing Arts Foundation (VWAPAF). This is a full-time exempt position. The Executive Director reports to the VWAPAF Board of Directors and to the CEO of The Van Wert County Foundation (VWCF). The compensation package is determined and paid for by the VWCF with input from the President of the VWAPAF, who both perform a yearly review of the Executive Director and more frequently as needed.
- Abide by the Vision, Mission, and Values of both the VWAPAF and the VWCF.
- Maintain an attitude of continuous improvement by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Collaborate with other organizations to shape the present and future vision for performing arts in Van Wert.
- Set the tone for organizational culture.
- Guide, develop, and abide by best practices for board governance.
- Foster and develop deep relationships within the Van Wert County Community.
- Communicate and maintain positive relationships with the Van Wert City School Administration.
- Plan and coordinate a diverse selection of entertainment events at venues within the city of Van Wert.
- Responsible for brand management across the family of brands as part of the VWAPAF.
- Manage, recruit, motivate, evaluate, hire, (and terminate if needed) all staff for the VWAPAF.
- Implement process improvements that provides structure for a creative staff work environment.
- Approve compensation of staff and contract personnel.
- Develop, implement, and manage donor engagement efforts.
- Maintain and coordinate all regulations, policies, and procedures of the VWAPAF.
- Provide the VWAPAF with a Board Packet complete with minutes, financial statements, and director’s report monthly. Submit a copy of the packet monthly to VWCF.
- Perform strategic financial analysis of key performance measures and report to the Board monthly.
- Research, recommend, prepare, and manage funding opportunities such as grants and fundraisers.
- Negotiate and execute all contracts with artists and their representatives.
- Foster, organize, produce, book, and present specific events/artists including, but not limited to: Niswonger Performing Arts Center, Fountain Park Summer Music Series, and other musical experiences in the community.
- Develop relationships with Agents, Artists, and Promoters to engage talent.
- Prepare annual budget for VWCF Performing Arts Operating Fund, in coordination with VWCF CEO by November 1 each year.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, resilient, and adaptive to change.
- Positive attitude with exemplary customer service.
- Attentive to detail and creative problem solver.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and maintain strong organizational skills.
- Maintains excellent communication skills.
- Ability to create and navigate appropriate financial reporting, analysis, and interpretation of data.
- Proficient with the technology necessary to complete prescribed tasks.
- Holds In-depth knowledge of marketing, market analysis, sales activity, and customer service principles.
- Proficient at managing human resources to leverage efficiencies in a high-paced environment.
- Adept at building relationships and trust at every touchpoint of the brand.
- 7-10 years of experience in a performing arts or venue management profession preferred.
- The preferred candidate would live within or be willing to relocate to Van Wert County.
On Our Stage
We are Ohio's Little Music City!
Take a look at our crown jewel and headquarters: The Niswonger Performing Arts Center
From Broadway Tours to well-known popular artists, we bring big-city entertainment to the stage.
- Boston Pops Orchestra
- Bernadette Peters
- Blue Man Group
- Marie Osmond
- Travis Tritt
- Michael Bolton
- Olivia Newton-John
- Girl Named Tom
- Air Supply
- David Phelps
- Michael W. Smith
- Jay Leno
- Home Free
- Michael McDonough
- Peter Frampton
- Diamond Rio
- Wynona Judd
- 38 Special
- Grand Funk Railroad
- Mamma Mia
- Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat
- West Side Story
- In The Heights
- An American In Paris
• Full-time salaried position – $75-95K based on experience
• Benefits include Health & Retirement
Application deadline November 24.
Email cover letter and resume to Seth Baker:
email@example.com (Attn: VWAPAF Executive Director)